Join our Honorary Hosts Cindy Wallis-Lage and Kent Lage, on September 12 for our signature fundraising event – as we embrace the virtual experience this year!
New this Year: Virtual Event
Library lovers everywhere can enjoy this festive, FREE, family-friendly online event. Guests will enjoy a brief, fun opening reception then move on to choose from a variety of virtual rooms for unique experience like storytelling, trivia, and music performances — and more!
Here’s some of the fun we have in store for you:
6:30 pm – Welcome Reception. Enjoy LIVE music, cocktail/mocktail demonstrations with J. Rieger & Co., plus — a special Library Foundation video tribute.
7 pm – Welcoming Remarks. Our County Librarian, Honorary Hosts and Foundation president officially welcome you to Library Lets Loose and kick-off the party
7:15 pm- Virtual Break-out Rooms. Choose from any or all of these “rooms” to create your own unique LLL experience. Each program will repeat every 15 minutes so you don’t have to miss any of the activities!
- Black & Veatch MakerSpace – The Makers will wow us by creating art in a most industrial and innovative way. Watch them take original artwork and transform it to a limited edition of large scale prints using a 24” industrial roller and a 60”H X 30”W block.
- Let’s Get Trivial – Play general knowledge trivia games covering topics that range from science to history to pop culture and everything in between.
- Behind the Scenes: Your Support in Motion – See your Library in a way you haven’t before! Meet the remarkable people who bring you your favorite books, resources and programs to you every day.
- Celebrity Reader Series – Some of our favorite local heroes share with us the story of a favorite book and read a special passage. Readers include: Nate Bukaty, Ben Bliss, Angela Cervantes, Steve Kraske, Gary Lezak & Jeff Penner, Chief Tony Lopez, Candice Millard, Senia and Will Shields.
- Kids Room – Children of all ages get their own room! Each 15-minute session will be unique and range from story time, to sing along, to special trivia games.
8:15 pm – Big Finish! Dance Party! Everyone is welcome to dance, dance, dance! Come into the virtual dance club with DJ Stann Tate and get your groove on!
Register now and prior to the event, you’ll receive a program packet and event link!
Sponsors Bring Essential Support and Funding!
Financial support of Library Lets Loose helps the Johnson County Library Foundation serve the community above and beyond what public funding provides. Sponsors will be featured across our digital platforms: website, social media, email messages, and digital marketing messages. And, in our print materials: mailed invitation, and post-event print advertising. For sponsorship information, contact: Stephanie Stollsteimer, email@example.com
Special Thanks to Our 2020 Library Lets Loose Sponsors:
$5,000 Hugo Level
Cindy Wallis-Lage and Kent Lage, Honorary Hosts
Carol and Fred Logan
Regnier Family Foundation
Dale and Vickie Trott
$3,000 Caldecott Level
Bill and Anne Blessing
Friends of Johnson County Library
$1,500 Newbery Level
Joan & Bert Berkley Blue Heron Foundation
The Clark Enersen Partners
Cosentino’s Food Stores
Mark and Nancy Gilman
Royceann Mather and Andy Prosser
McCownGordon Construction, LLC
Rick and Denise Mills
Sapp Design Architects
Shawnee Mission Post
Stepp & Rothwell Inc.
Turner Construction Company
$750 Edgar Level
Erwin and Phyllis Abrams
Baker & Taylor
Chris Anderson and Lyn Buckley
Jon and Sarah Baum
Gary and Lynne Brown
Rich and Morgan Cook
Country Club Bank
Dysart Taylor Cotter McMonigle & Montemore, PC
Zack and Susan Hangauer
Johnson County Community College Foundation
Kansas Gas Service
Paul and Suzanne Koontz
Brad Korris and Missy Bruhn
Asher and Audrey Langworthy
Rajiv and Shamita Mahajan
Olathe Public Schools
Amy and John Ruo
Greg and Stephanie Stollsteimer
Titan Built, LLC
West Star Development
Your Foundation Support
Essential Library services keep going strong during the pandemic through the library building closings and now the re-opening! Library lovers keep coming back for record visits to access the eLibrary and physical materials. Your support in ways small and large keep the Library vibrant for our community above and beyond what public funding provides.
Since 1996 the Foundation has supported Library collection and resources and programs for patrons of all ages including:
- Online programming for education and entertainment
- Early literacy initiatives
- Teen Literary programs
- Adult writing programs
- Youth homework assistance
- Art and community engagement programs
- Youth-at-risk programs
- Incarcerated services
- STEM programming
- Race Project KC
The IRS recognizes the JCL Foundation as a 501(c)(3) organization.
–Johnson County Library Foundation