A quality space and location can make an event uniquely memorable. With seven exceptional event space options perfect for any group sized two to 1,800, the Kauffman Center is ideal for corporate events and meetings, weddings, and many other occasions. Featuring stunning architecture, magnificent views of Kansas City, and exquisite cuisine, the Kauffman Center amazes guests with unforgettable events.
Since opening in 2011, the Kauffman Center has hosted more than 1,100 catered events with more than 150,000 attendees. In the past year alone, the Center has welcomed guests for 130 private events. Spaces are as varied as the events hosted there, and the events team at the Kauffman Center works with clients to tailor each event to create their own unique experience. Spaces at the Kauffman Center that can be rented for private events include:
- Brandmeyer Great Hall – grand lobby with a four-level curtain glass wall and an amazing panoramic view of the Kansas City skyline. This area can seat 450 guests for dinner or hold 1,000 guests for a reception-style event.
- Muriel Kauffman Theatre – inspired by the great opera houses of Europe this beautiful 1,800-seat theatre includes a 5,000-square-foot stage accommodating 300 seated guests for an elegant on-stage experience.
- Helzberg Hall – centering around the custom-designed Julia Irene Kauffman Casavant Organ, Opus 3875, this 1,600-seat performance hall is truly a space like no other for a large meeting or presentation. The stage can also be used to seat 100 guests for a dinner.
- Arts District Terrace – the green space on the south side of the Center can accommodate events small and large. Guests enjoy a spectacular view of the city and unique perspective of the stunning Kauffman Center architecture.
- Founders’ Lounge – home of The Dining Experience on show nights, this space can also be rented for meetings and luncheons.
- Balconies – overlooking Brandmeyer Great Hall and the Kansas City skyline, the balconies are ideal for seated and reception events.
- Ewing & Muriel Kauffman Reception Suite, Sprint Reception Suite, and Meet and Greet Room – these intimate spaces can be used for smaller events and meetings. Easy access to the performance halls makes them ideal for pre-performance events.
All event rentals include set up and tear down, event management services, and catering by award-winning Executive Chef Laura Comer and a talented catering team that creates personalized menus for each event.
“The Kauffman Center has proven to be an ideal location to host Hallmark’s Creative Leadership Symposium. The unique glass lobby and open design allow us to showcase Hallmark’s branded elements in unique and unexpected ways,” said Sally Anderson with Hallmark Cards, Inc. “We use Helzberg Hall for our event, and we’re able to host meals and a cocktail reception in Brandmeyer Great Hall for about a thousand employees and guests throughout the day. The result is an event that builds excitement and inspires our creative teams!”
“The Kauffman Center Founders’ Lounge was a unique place to host our staff luncheon and team building event. After a beautiful luncheon, the Kauffman Center staff led our group on a private tour, educating us about the origins and architecture of this Kansas City icon!” said Kellie Cram with Burns & McDonnell.
Delicious and Inspired Cuisine at the Kauffman Center
The Dining Experience at the Kauffman Center offers modern American fare prior to most evening performances. Located in the Founders’ Lounge and accessible through the south doors of the Kauffman Center, The Dining Experience offers a three-course dinner menu for $39 per person. Guests may also enjoy an assortment of small plates, seasonal craft cocktails, and a curated wine selection. Tickets to the evening’s performance are not required for a reservation at The Dining Experience.
The Dining Experience menu is crafted by Executive Chef Laura Comer. In 2018, Comer was named “Executive Chef of the Year” by the Greater Kansas City Restaurant Association. She oversees all culinary operations for The Kauffman Center Dining Experience and for events at the venue. Her professional background includes time at Kansas City establishments including Bluestem, 40 Sardines, Justus Drugstore, Trezo Mare and Trezo Vino, Treat America, and more. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in music from the University of Missouri-Kansas City Conservatory and an Associate of Science in Culinary Arts and Le Cordon Bleu Diploma from the California School of Culinary Arts.
A sampling of Comer’s past creative three-course menu items includes starters like White Asparagus made with Meyer Lemon, Pine Nuts, Almond Cream, Candied Citrus, Serrano Ham, and Espelette Rice Cracker; entrees like Skuna Bay Salmon made with Orange Saffron Couscous, Lemon Yogurt, and Charred Tomato, and Pistachio Crusted Lamb made with Mint Chimichurri and Herbed Corn Pudding; followed with delicious desserts including Pink Champagne made with Strawberry Chiffon Cake, Sparkling Rosé Sorbet, Candied Rose Petals, and Infused Strawberries, and Berry Vanilla Crème Caramel made with Lemon Yogurt Beignet, Blackberries, Blueberries, and Florentine Chocolate.
Reservations are required for the three-course dinner menu and are booked on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that reservations be made two weeks in advance. For pre-performance dining, please allow 90 minutesto enjoy the three-course menu. Reservations can be booked at www.exploretock.com/kauffmancenter.
Walk-in dining is available at café tables and at the bar for small plates and cocktails. For menus and more information visit kauffmancenter.org/dining.
For any questions about The Dining Experience or to inquire about booking reservations for parties larger than five, email firstname.lastname@example.org.