Alumni return to Kansas City to help raise money for student scholarships
The Conservatory’s annual benefit, Crescendo, will be Friday, Nov. 4 at Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. Crescendo is the Conservatory’s largest fundraising event for student scholarships.
For the first time, select Conservatory alumni will be spotlighted at the gala prior to the performance. Those alumni include:
- J. Kent Barnhart (B.M. ’91)
- Robert Battle (B.M.E. ’11)
- Charles Bruffy (M.M. ’88)
- Toccarra Cash (M.F.A. ’08)
- Vinson Cole (B.M. ’72)
- Andrea Dalton (M.A. ’04)
- Douglas Enderle (M.F.A. ’81)
- Bradley Hanson (M.M. ’05) appearing via video
- Stanislav Ioudenitch (Performance Certificate, ’03) appearing via video
- Matthew Jantzen (M.F.A. ’08)
- Whitney Locher (M.F.A. ’05)
- Hermon Mehari (B.M. ’10)
- Narong Prangcharoen (D.M.A. ’10)
- Andrés Salguero (D.M.A. ’11) appearing via video
- Jawole Willa Jo Zollar (B.A. ’75) appearing via video
Crescendo features student musicians, dancers and actors in a flowing performance in the Kauffman Center. Four alumni – including Hermon Mehari, an alumnus who will be spotlighted at the gala – will perform alongside students. Mehari was the winner of the 2015 Carmine Caruso International Trumpet Competition and a semifinalist in the 2014 Thelonious Monk Jazz Competition.
This year’s event is the 26th for the Conservatory.
Crescendo performance tickets are available for purchase through the Kauffman Center’s ticketing office. Tickets to the gala are available at umkcalumni.com/events.